Fastlane

I went looking to see if I can grab a fastlane release, so I can get some early visibility on config as code. But I don’t see it anymore. Has this release type deep dropped? Is there anyway to get early access?

Thanks

Hi Jon,

Thanks for getting in touch! We have recently modified how we ship releases and have stopped marking releases as fastlane or LTS. This blog post goes into more detail about this change.

Great to hear you’re interested in the upcoming config as code feature! Unfortunately it’s not ready for early access quite yet, but you can subscribe to it on our roadmap page to be notified when it does reach early access.

I hope that helps, and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns in the future.

Best regards,

Kenny

Is it possible to get a sample of the config file (HCL I believe), as I’m investigating if we can template our release patterns and on first build create the Octopus config file by token replacement. Obviously it would be on the proviso that it’s just as sample and may not be the final product.

But it will give me an idea if what I’m proposing is achievable.

As if it’s not I might then have to go down the route of calling the REST API, But my gut feeling is that a tokenised HCL file representing our deploy pattern is the best way to go and I would like to investigate this idea little further if possible.

I’m interested to see how you store.

• Processes
  • Channels
  • Variables
  • Settings

P.s: I’m guessing that asking for a ballpark of when config as code will be ready, is unrealistic to expect an answer? :smiley:

Hi Jon,

Thanks for following up! Yeah unfortunately I don’t have an ETA at this time, though I can assure you it’s actively being worked on. I can point you to a sample HCL file to give you an idea of what it will look like (we’re also planning on updating that sample shortly as well).

I hope this helps, and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.