Failure using output parameter in ARM template

Disregard/Close/Solved

I’m trying to use an output parameter in an ARM template. But it appears as if the value of the output parameter is being put in the ‘type’ property of the parameter, instead of the value.

Pre-Deploy script (inline)

Set-OctopusVariable -Name "AseManagementIpAddresses" -Value (@($management.endpoints) -join ',')

ARM template parameters file

{
    "$schema": "https://schema.management.azure.com/schemas/2015-01-01/deploymentTemplate.json#",
    "contentVersion": "1.0.0.0",
    "parameters": {

"aseManagementIpAddresses": {
            "type": "#{AseManagementIpAddresses}"
        }
    }
}

Portions of deployment log

Parameters: 
{"aseManagementIpAddresses":{"type":"1.1.1.1/32,2.2.2.2/32"}} 

Error submitting deployment 
The request content was invalid and could not be deserialized: 'Error converting value "1.1.1.1/32,2.2.2.2/32" to type 'System.Nullable`1[Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Frontdoor.Templates.Schema.TemplateParameterType]'. Path 'properties.parameters.aseManagementIpAddresses.type', line 619, position 652.'. 

Note this is all in the same step. Not separate steps. I may try that next to see if that makes any difference but the value of the output variable looks correct. It’s simply getting put in a ‘type’ property of the parameter, instead of the ‘value’ as expected (which is what I see in other arm parameter usage).

Am I using the output variable in a weird way?

Oh my word.

It’s Friday. I failed to account for that.

My parameters.json is wrong.

Disregard.

Thank you.

Hi David,

Thanks for the update here! No one is ever safe from Friday. :slight_smile:

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch at any time.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.