Failed to get the system proxy settings. Calamari will not use any proxy settings

Hello!

We seem to get this warning whenever we “run a step on the Octopus Deploy server”

“Failed to get the system proxy settings. Calamari will not use any proxy settings.”

The step actually runs just fine on the Octopus Server, but the warning is just annoying.

We’re not using any proxy, so not sure why this is occurring, anyone seen this before and know how to fix? The

Hi!

If you are running the step on the Octopus server it sounds like the server has been configured to use the default proxy, You can find out for sure by running the following on your Octopus server from the Octopus binaries folder (usually C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus):

.\Octopus.Server.exe show-configuration | Select-String -Pattern "Proxy"

You should get a list of proxy settings, I’m guessing that Octopus.Proxy.UseDefaultProxy is set to true. If it is, you can disable the proxy by running:

.\Octopus.Server.exe proxy --proxyEnable=false

If that is not the problem would you mind sending the raw log from one of your deployments (https://octopus.com/docs/support/get-the-raw-output-from-a-task) to support@octopus.com and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Shane

Hi Matt,

Thanks for sending your logs. Investigating further it looks like Calamari doesn’t care if --proxyEnable=false, it will attempt to use the default proxy anyway. I have created an issue to fix: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/5213

Cheers,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thanks for that. Are you able to edit the page to remove some of the specific of our environment e.g the paths and the usernames.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

I’ve removed your environment information from that issue, sorry I know better it was sloppy of me.

Cheers,
Shane

Thanks Shane

Orbis Investment Management Limited

Matt Thom

Orbis Investments

T +44 20 7042 2000

Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road

London, SW19 3RU

www.orbis.com

This message was sent by or on behalf of a member of the Orbis Group of Companies ( listed here). To stop receiving email messages from Orbis, please click here.

Orbis Investment Advisory Limited, (Reg. No. 2068389), Orbis Portfolio Management (Europe) LLP, (Reg. No. OC334905) and Orbis Investments (U.K.) Limited (Reg. No. 8138002) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England. Registered address: 28 Dorset Square, London, NW1 6QG. Tel: +44-20-7042-2000.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.