Failed to create directory $HOME/.octopus to upload file command.sh

Hi Team,

We are getting below error when performing the health check on the Linux deployment targets. And also even if target are healthy we are getting same during deployments.

Please do suggest.

Failed to create directory $HOME/.octopus/SupplierSetup_22632/Work/20201014021336-64271-4005 to upload file command.sh

Hi Ramya,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question about Linux deployment targets.

It looks like this might be a SSH target - if so then this error can be caused by SSH being configured to only allow SFTP connections. You might need to check your SSH config files (usually in /etc/ssh/sshd_config) for the following line:

ForceCommand internal-sftp

This error can also occur if SFTP chroot jails are set up - if this is the case then you’ll need to check with whoever set them up for advice on the best way to proceed.

Could you please take a look and let me know how you get on?

Best Regards,

Charles

ssh is working fine and we always using ssh for all account to our servers.
actually, it is always working fine before but issue recently, and the issue happened some time.
It is showing permission issue to upload file when server connection is successful like screenshot.
could you please take further investigation and get the issue fixed permanently. thanks.

Hi Ramya,

Thank you for the response and for the additional screenshots.

I’d agree that it sounds like this could be a permission issue in your environment and we need to investigate further. Would you be able to attach the full deployment log as a text file? I can make the topic private if you wish to protect sensitive data - please let me know if you want me to do so before uploading any files.

Best Regards,

Charles

Please do check the deployment logs in details. ServerTasks-49748.log (1).txt (3.3 KB)

Hi Ramya,

Thank you for providing the logs.

It looks like the initial SSH connection is getting made successfully, but that access to the shell is being denied for some reason. Could you please try manually logging in over SSH using the same credentials as Octopus Deploy and advising what happens? If you do get a shell, could you please also try creating a similar directory and confirming that it allows you to do so?

Best Regards,

Charles

I am not that expert in Linux. Can we connect to discuss on the same.

Hi Ramya,

Thank you for getting back to us.

It sounds like this is a permission issue with your Linux machine and so this is something that your Linux system administrator may be able to resolve. Could you please ask if they can confirm the answers to the questions in my older messages and if possible advise whether any changes were made to Octopus and/or the Linux machines around the time this issue started? I’d also be happy to liaise with them directly if you could point them to this thread.

Many Thanks,

Charles

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.