Exported project json showing deleted variable

I re-wrote an old project I inherited and cleaned up some variables and removed ones no longer used. However, when I export my project to .json and searched for the var I deleted, I still see it being used:

"Octopus.Action.IISWebSite.WebSiteName": "#{MyService.company.com}",
    "Octopus.Action.IISWebSite.ApplicationPoolName": "#{MyService.company.com}",
    "Octopus.Action.IISWebSite.VirtualDirectory.WebSiteName": "#{ENVName}Service.company.com",

Where ENVName was xxProd, xxQA and xxDev so I just made the variable the full url. But I cannot see where that IISWebSite.VirtualDirectory.WebSiteName is set anywhere in the step. Is there a way to change the .json file and import it back into the project?

Hey Tom,

Sometimes the deployment process JSON hangs onto variables even if they’re disabled in the UI.

For IIS deployment type, can you try switching it to Virtual Directory and see if the data is there? If you dont want it there, can you clear it out, switch it back and save it and see if the JSON looks as expected?

Please let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Wow, I was looking for Virtual Directory option and it’s right there in the Deployment type and there is my variable! Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Regards,
Tom

1 Like

Hey Tom.

You’re very welcome!

Full disclosure, it took me a little bit to find it too.

Thanks for updating me! I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.