Export Project variable control type none existent

Hi, We have 2 octopus servers (dev and prod) and we replicate config by export import when we make configuration changes. I was happy to see the new control types for variables such as the checkbox which made process easier. However the export of a projects local variables are basic and when importing it defaults back to type single line text box.

I noticed if its an action template it does replicate properly. you get the value in:
“DisplaySettings”: {
“Octopus.ControlType”: “Checkbox”
}

This is not something that turns up in the export of a local variable of a project. Please let me know if this is something that can be resolved.

Hey, thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry for the long delay in getting back to you on this one. I’m interested to know how you are performing your export/import on your projects here. EG, are you using Migrator.exe?

From your description, it sounds like you may have hit a bug but just so I can confirm, I’d like to see if I can reproduce this behaviour on my end.

Could you please tell me which version of Octopus Server you’re using? If you’re using the Octopus.Migrator.exe tool (or Migrator API) to perform this task?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Lawrence.