Execute step only if previous step has changes

I have a project consisting of two release steps: deploying a NuGet package and running a Powershell script.

My project is configured not to deploy the NuGet package if it has already been deployed.

So what I’m wondering is if there is a way to tell Octopus to run the Powershell script only if the NuGet package has been deployed in the current release (basically only if it contains new changes since the previous deployment).

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch!

There’s not a way to conditionally run/not run a step other than “If previous step failed or not”. There is a pretty popular uservoice suggestion for that that could use some of your votes though, which proposes support to run a step depending on the value of a varible http://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/6594872-allow-the-run-condition-of-a-step-to-be-based-on-a

Ideally the deployment process should not be triggered at all if there were no changes on the NuGet package (meaning there was no change on the app itself). If your deployment process only has those 2 steps (deploy and run script), and if you dont deploy, you don’t want to run the script either, then why was the deployment triggered ?

Regards,

Dalmiro