Error with "DeployChanges.To"

I am trying to follow steps of http://octopusdeploy.com/blog/howto/deploy-a-sql-database, but got the following error -

Error 1 The name ‘DeployChanges’ does not exist in the current context C:\Users\svc.tfs.service\Source\Workspaces\YB_Sandbox\OctoDBDeployDbup\OctoDBDeployDbup\Program.cs 18 17 OctoDBDeployDbup
Error 2 The name ‘Assembly’ does not exist in the current context C:\Users\svc.tfs.service\Source\Workspaces\YB_Sandbox\OctoDBDeployDbup\OctoDBDeployDbup\Program.cs 20 52 OctoDBDeployDbup

Can anybody help?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! That article is really quite old, and uses Octopus 1.X.
The current information you would be looking for can be found on the following page: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/SQL+Server+databases

Vanessa

Thanks Vanessa.

I actually got to the blog (link in my post yesterday) from the link you provided.

In the link you provided, there are two methods, ReadyRoll SQL and DbUp, I want to use the latter, but the video focused more on the Octopus processes which I have done with other applications (websites, services, etc.), I would like to learn how to setup VS project for SQL script packaging, and that’s how I ran into the error.

Do you have a link with more details on packaging SQL scripts using VS and DbUp that is newer than what I used?

Or, specifically, which component is “DeployChanges” from?

I Googled it and didn’t see any reference, so my guess is that it’s from DbUp, but I didn’t see any document on how to install DbUp component yet, except that “install-package DbUp” inside the .NET console project (see attached .png).

Assuming ‘DeployChanges’ is from DbUp, is the above (.png) DbUp installation enough to make the project reference to the component? And what is the full path to ‘DeployChanges’ object (e.g. DbUp.DeployChanges.To…)? Where can I find the reference binary?

If the above install is not enough, what extra steps do I need to do to install DbUp so that I can fix the error (The name ‘DeployChanges’ does not exist in the current context)?

Capture.PNG

Never mind, the errors are fixed.