Error when retrieve nuget package

i try to deploy a simple project but i do get below error.

This server does not have version 3.1.20 of the Calamari package. It will be pushed automatically.
19:09:17Info
C:\Octopus\Calamari\3.1.20\Success.txt
19:09:22Info
Downloading NuGet package Spin8DesktopMaint 1.0.0 from feed: 'file:///C:/Octopus/Packages’
19:09:38Error
Unable to download package: Could not find package Spin8DesktopMaint 1.0.0 in feed: 'file:///C:/Octopus/Packages’
Failed to download package Spin8DesktopMaint 1.0.0 from feed: 'C:\Octopus\Packages’
System.Exception: The package could not be downloaded from NuGet. If you are getting a package verification error, try switching to a Windows File Share package repository to see if that helps.
at Calamari.Integration.PackageDownload.PackageDownloader.AttemptToDownload(String packageId, SemanticVersion version, Uri feedUri, String cacheDirectory, String& downloadedTo, IPackage& downloaded)

Please help

Hi Clement,

Thanks for reaching out. Couple of troubleshooting questions:

• Which version of the Octopus Server are you running?

• Could you make sure that the account running the Octopus service has access to the folder C:\Octopus\Packages?

• Is there a particular reason why you are using a custom feed with the Path C:\Octopus\Packages instead of using the Octopus built-in repository which points to that same directory?

Thanks,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,
I am using Octopus deploy 3.2.9, its working fine if i use octopus built-in repository.

Thanks
Clement

Hi Clement,

If you move your packages to another directory and create a new external feed that points to that path, do you get the same error?

Is using the built-in repository a viable enough workaround in your case?

Thanks
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,
I get this issue again by getting nuget package from teamcity.

I am using Octopus deploy 3.2.9

when i choose the download option
Each Tentacle will download the package directly from the NuGet server
Error will be happen

if i choose
Octopus Server will download the package, then securely upload it to the Tentacles
No error will be occur.

Kindly check.

This server does not have version 3.1.20 of the Calamari package. It will be pushed automatically.
14:50:01Info
This Tentacle is currently busy performing a task that cannot be run in conjunction with any other task. Please wait…
14:50:07Info
C:\Octopus\Calamari\3.1.20\Success.txt
14:50:35Info
Downloading NuGet package Spin8.FrontMemberP1.Dev.Full 1.0.90908 from feed: ‘http://ntm-my-teamcity/guestAuth/app/nuget/v1/FeedService.svc/

Hi,

The only thing I can think of is that the account running the Tentacle service might not have access to that particular feed. If you change the account in 1 Tentacle to run under your own user (I’m assuming you have access to the feed), then restart the service and try to deploy to only that Tentacle, does it work?

Thanks,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,
Its working now, after we grant the access.

thanks

Clement