Error when I open a release

Hi,
An error has been reported when we try to open a release in Octopus from the Releases screen.

They see this error appear:

The build process was changed recently and thats when the error appeared too.
The build process produces two packages: one for the application, another for DB migrations.
Before then we had only pushed a single package per release to Octopus. Releases are created by Azure DevOps after both packages are successfully pushed to Octopus.

The error occurs only on one project, the other projects in the space we don’t see the error.
Just wondering what does this error message mean?

Kind Regards,
Micheal Power

Hi @mikepower79,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues.

Would you mind uploading the octopus server log for around the time you’ve experienced the error, please?
Even just manually triggering the error and uploading the most recent log file should be fine.

I’ll create a support files link for you to upload the log to here: Mike Power | Support Files.

Kind Regards,
Adam

Hi @adam.hollow,
Server log uploaded.

Kind regards,
Micheal Power

Hi @mikepower79,

Thanks for uploading those logs.

It looks like you’ve hit a known error, you can read more about this error here: GitHub Issue #7575.
There’s an option for a workaround which relates to deleting deployments that are detected with null task IDs.

Find all the deployments for the broken release
GET api/{SpaceID}/releases/{ReleaseID}/deployments

Delete any deployments that have a TaskId of null
DELETE api/{SpaceID}/deployments/{DeploymentID}

This has been fixed in 2022.3.2568+, thankfully, so if possible I would recommend upgrading to this version as soon as you’re able to.
I can’t say for certain and I would be hesitant to believe that upgrading Octopus will retroactively resolve these issues, so I would recommend clearing up those null TaskIDs before upgrading to ensure that the issue doesn’t reappear.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns or require any guidance on the above.

Kind Regards,
Adam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.