Error Upgrading to 2.0

I’m getting an error when importing my data to Octopus 2.0. The error I’m getting is as follows:

A fatal exception occurred
Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot convert type ‘int’ to ‘string’
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object )
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1[T0,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object )
at Octopus.Server.Legacy.LegacyOctopusImporter.ConvertStepsToDeploymentProcess(Object sourceProjectOrRelease) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Legacy\LegacyOctopusImporter.cs:line 692
at Octopus.Server.Legacy.LegacyOctopusImporter.<>c__DisplayClassc1.b__aa(Document source, IDocumentSession session) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Legacy\LegacyOctopusImporter.cs:line 257
at Octopus.Server.Legacy.LegacyOctopusImporter.<>c__DisplayClass1451.<ImportComplex>b__144(List1 batch) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Legacy\LegacyOctopusImporter.cs:line 800
at Octopus.Server.Legacy.LegacyOctopusImporter.LoadAll(String prefix, Action1 paginator) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Legacy\LegacyOctopusImporter.cs:line 872 at Octopus.Server.Legacy.LegacyOctopusImporter.DoTheMigration(Nullable1 tentaclePort) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Legacy\LegacyOctopusImporter.cs:line 277
at Octopus.Server.Legacy.LegacyOctopusImporter.ImportFromBackup(String ravenDbBackupFilePath, Nullable1 tentaclePort) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Legacy\LegacyOctopusImporter.cs:line 90 at Octopus.Server.Commands.MigrateCommand.Start() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Server\Commands\MigrateCommand.cs:line 87 at Octopus.Shared.Startup.ConsoleHost.Run(Action1 start, Action shutdown) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1116bd9da9e239fd\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\ConsoleHost.cs:line 36

Error: The previous command returned a non-zero exit code of: 100
Error: The command that failed was: “S:\Octopus 2.0\Server\Octopus.Server.exe” migrate --instance “OctopusServer” --no-prompt --backup “S:\Octopus\Data\Backups\20131226-112538.octobak” --tentacle-port “10933”

The full import log is attached.

Import_Log.txt (81 KB)

Thanks, it appears that this is a problem with importing FTP steps, I’ve added an issue here: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/413

You might be able to continue the import by deleting the FTP step and re-creating it in the 2.0 process.

Regards,
Nick

I tried that and I got further but eventually got the same import error on a different item. From what I’ve gathered these are the previous releases for the projects that were using the FTP upload process. The latest import log is attached. What else can we do to get this imported? Thanks

import-log-20140102.txt (68 KB)

Thanks for the follow-up. The deployment process is snapshotted, hence the continued issue after deleting the step, sorry about the run-around!

The latest Octopus 2.0 build fixes this issue - 2.0.8 is now on http://octopusdeploy.com, with this version FTP steps should import fine.

Regards,
Nick