Error screen on Overview

Hi team,
am getting below error message on my overview screen, can you please help me in understanding what the issue is:-

The best overloaded method match for ‘Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder<Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.CustomQueryResponseDescriptor<Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.DeploymentsQueryResponder>>.Respond(Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.CustomQueryResponseDescriptor<Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.DeploymentsQueryResponder>, Nancy.NancyContext)’ has some invalid arguments

Hi paggarwal5154,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query.

Could you please advise on the following so I can investigate this further?

• Are you running the cloud or server version of Octopus Deploy?
  • If you are running the server version can you confirm which version you are running?
  • Is this new behaviour / did the overview work previously?
  • If it is new behaviour has anything changed recently (e.g. upgrades to Octopus Deploy)?
  • If you navigate through your projects and their deployments do any other pages show an error?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

hi Charles,
it is a server a version that i am using version 3.17.14
yes its a new behavior
No nothing changed recently
yes i am able to deploy manually by creating the releases
No other page shows any error the error is just displayed on overview where it use to pull the latest releases automatically

Hi paggarwal5154,

Thank you for getting back to me with those answers.

It looks like we may need to examine this in more detail. Would you be able to record a HAR file of the page loading and submit it to us via support@octopus.com?

You can find a good guide on how to do this below:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

OverviewIssue.har (833.4 KB)

PFA the .har file

Hi paggarwal5154,

Thank you for providing the file.

The error appears to be triggered when the system attempts to load the progression state of that project, which could be caused by an invalid reference to a channel, an environment or a release. Can you please take a look at the audit log and confirm if any releases, channels or environments related to that project were changed at around the same time as the overview stopped working?

Best Regards,

Charles

release changes daily as we have schedules builds coming to be deployed, Now I am also facing issue with getting the releases from the feed, Can you please help me with it,
If possible can you please schedule a teams /Skype call for the same My email id is <removed>

Hi paggarwal5154,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I’ve hidden your e-mail address to help prevent it being used for spam reasons. The Octopus Deploy team will still be able to see it.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by “issue with getting the releases from the feed”, as that could provide vital information for the investigation?

Best Regards,

Charles

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.