Error occurred in Octopus v2018.8.3: Cannot read property 'Links' of null

Seeing this error when trying to switch channels on a deployment.

An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2018.8.3: Cannot read property ‘Links’ of null

Hi @jdub,

Thanks for getting in touch! I may need to get some further information from you here.

Would you be able to provide some more information on where you are seeing this error?

You mention that you see it when trying to switch channels on a deployment. Does that mean you see it on the channels tab of the project, or when selecting the channel on release creation?

I know we have had quite a few of these TypeErrors around, it is possible that upgrading to the latest version of Octopus could resolve this as we have been trying to fix them as they pop up.

If you can provide the above information, I can try to replicate this on my end and see if it is still an issue, alternatively you could try upgrading to the latest version of Octopus and letting me know if that resolves the issue. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel. I already did the update to the latest version and the issue went away.

1 Like

Hi @jdub,

Thanks for the update! I’m glad to hear the update worked. :slight_smile:

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch at any time.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.