Error message in Octopus Space

I’m suddenly seeing the following error appearing on the top of the screen when navigating to a specific space. It seem to be appear randomly but only on a specific space. Any idea what this is?

An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2019.9.10: The best overloaded method match for ‘Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder<Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.CustomActionResponseDescriptor<Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.ReleaseByProjectAndVersionResponder>>.Respond(Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.CustomActionResponseDescriptor<Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.ReleaseByProjectAndVersionResponder>, Nancy.NancyContext)’ has some invalid arguments

Hi binh.au,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query.

This is an error we’ve seen before but that can have a few different causes. In most cases it can be resolved by restarting the Octopus Server windows service.

Can you please try the above and let me know if it helps?

Best Regards,

Charles

yes that seem to fix it.
Do you have an outstanding ticket to investigate the issue?

Hi binh.au,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’m pleased to hear that it’s working now.

There isn’t a specific outstanding ticket for this as it’s a generic error that can be caused by a wide range of problems. I can see that you’re on 2019.9.10 which is relatively old so you might want to consider upgrading. We have implemented many bugfixes and improvements since that version and it’s possible that whatever caused the error this time has already been fixed.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or if it happens again.

Best Regards,

Charles

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.