Error launching Tentacle after install

Hello,

I am trying to get the Tentacle running on a Windows 2003 SP2 server and am running into some issues. I am using version 2.6.4.951 and have already had success on similar machines. I have confirmed the machine meets minimum requirements.

A symptom of note is that the “C:\Octopus” folder is never created and thus I have no machine specific logs and not being able to configure it, Octopus itself has no idea it exists yet.

The initial error is below and I have attached the full text I am seeing. It appears to refer to an “Imaging component” and is referencing a “y:” drive that I am not sure where it got. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help this get resolved.

Thanks

Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. —> Provide value on ‘System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension’ threw an exception. (See inner exception for details.) —> System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Provide value on ‘System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension’ threw an exception. —> System.NotSupportedException: No imaging component suitable to complete this operation was found. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x88982F50

TentacleError_.txt (4 KB)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch! It looks like that server is missing a Windows imaging component.
The following article provides a fix for this, and has been found to work for another customer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2771290

Let me know how it goes.
Vanessa