Error installing Octopack 3.0.27

Trying to add Octopack to my wcf-IIS project (VS2013 / .NET 4.5). When I attempt to add the nuget reference to my main project, I see this error several times in VS2013:

Import-Module : The specified module ‘NuSpec’ was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module
directory.
At C:\Users\smcfadden\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\NuGet_profile.ps1:1 char:1

• Import-Module NuSpec -DisableNameChecking
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (NuSpec:String) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Note, I wish to use Automatic nuget restore not the old msbuild project level package restore. How should be solution be configured for this and Octopack 3.0.27?

How should I troubleshoot this error?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. To be honest, I don’t think this is anything to do with OctoPack - it seems like you might have installed a NuSpec NuGet package:

OctoPack doesn’t require this package, so perhaps you can remove it unless something else needs it.

OctoPack 3.0 automatically works with NuGet package restore (both the old way of doing it, and the new way) - no additional actions should be needed.

Hope that helps!

Paul