Error Code 2503 when installing Server

Trying to install Server version3.3.11-x64 just downloaded yesterday . Installing on Windows 2012 R2. Getting an eror 1/2 way through: "The installer has encountered an unexexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2503. I have Admin access to the server. Please assist.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for reaching out. I believe this is the first time we hear about that error code related to Octopus´ MSI. Can you check the event viewer to see if there´s anything that might give us a clue about what´s going on?

Thanks,
Dalmiro

1. Downloaded new .MSI (just in case)
  2. Install - same error
  3. Event log shows: (2 MSI Install errors)

Product: Octopus Deploy Server – The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2502. The arguments are: , ,

Product: Octopus Deploy Server – The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2503. The arguments are: , ,

Found an article about running from command line to make sure Admin rights are used. Tried that and now past this error.

Hi Lee,

Glad to hear that! If you could share that article here, I’m sure It’ll come in handy for anyone else that runs into this thread.

Cheers,
Dalmiro