Error after changing the name of a Tenant Tag

I’ve just started looking into the tenant features of Octopus and have come across a minor bug it seems. After creating a set of tenant tags and assigning them to tenants, if I then go back and edit one of these tags and change the name of the tag. When I go back into the Tenants section I receive the follow error:

Octopus v2018.4.0

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘Description’ of undefined

Description (/app/areas/tenants/TenantCard/TenantCard.tsx:34:52)
map (/app/areas/tenants/TenantCard/TenantCard.tsx:32:34)
beginWork (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:149:336)
e (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:182:349)
g (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:183:347)
p (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:184:366)
0;null!==a&&c;){c=!1;if(a.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.pendingWorkPriority>b)c=!0,a.pendingWorkPriority=b;null!==a.alternate&&(a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority>b)&&(c=!0,a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority=b);if(null===a[“return”])if (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:188:389)
S (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:187:415)
enqueueSetState (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:140:181)

Going back and changing the tag to what it was originally named resolves the error, and changing the name of tags that aren’t assigned to any tenants is fine too.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this confusing bug. This is currently a known issue that you can track here.

It’s great you have a workaround for the time being. Additionally, a reload of the page after the rename should also fix the issue.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns going forward!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.