Environment versions in channels

Hi,

Thanks for your great product.
I have a question though regarding channels. Here is our setup: we have 1 integration environment and 2 test environments (migration and performance). We have 2 channels, the first with the lifecycle INT -> TEST1 and the second with lifecycle INT -> TEST2. I deployed a new version of the app to INT through channel 1, in the Environments page it shows the version of INT correctly. However in the project overview page I can see the correct version for INT environment only for the channel I used for the latest deployment (channel 1) but not for channel 2. I’d expect to see the correct (latest) version number for INT for all channels independently from which channel was used as the INT environment is the same. One more info: for INT environment I used offline package drop, if that matters.

Thanks,
Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for reaching out. That is the expected behavior. If you deploy a package to INT on Channel1, it won’t show up in the dashboard for INT on Channel2 even though it is the same environment. If you wanna keep this INT environment “shared”, you could use a single lifecycle that has 2 phases:

• Phase 1: Has only INT
  • Phase 2: Has TEST1 and TEST2 and both are optional for deployment.

Regards,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

Good catch, thanks for your answer.

Regards,
Laszlo

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.