Environment Sign-off

I have a deployment lifecycle constructed to support our Dev > QA (at least 1) > Performance > (ect…) requirements. The need I have is to be able to enforce sign-off of a given environment before deploying to the next.
Currently the lifecycle model is somewhat rigid in the fact it controls ‘Deployment’ to ‘Environments’.
I would like to be able to ‘Add a Phase’ to a lifecycle such an ‘Manual intervention’ which could serve the purpose of requiring a group member to ‘sign off’ the deploy to the Performance environment (for example) after testing has occurred before allowing advancing of the project deployment to another environment phase.

I understand I could add a step at the end of a given deploy project (scope it to required environment) and let that serve as the sign-off step for that deployment. That would be very clumsy since the deploy would not be completed (Green) until it was tested and signed-off.

One last thought, it would be nice to achieve ‘sign-off’ either manually or through an automated fashion (attached through a webhook for example). If I’ve missed an approach to achieving this, I’m open to suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.