Environment not showing on Dashboard

We created a new environment today that 2 of our projects are using and both have had successful deployments to it. When I click into the projects to see the overview, I see the environment with the correct package listed that’s been deployed to it. The one special case with these projects/environment is that the environment is only being used in a channel and is not part of any default lifecycles, but I figure that shouldn’t matter. EDIT2: as one last ditch attempt after I already submitted this ticket, I tried adding my missing environment to the default lifecycle for the projects and it appeared! does this mean this is a bug??

I found an old Raven-DB era ticket that suggested checking another browser to make sure it wasn’t a cache issue, which didn’t resolve the issue, still missing.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I’ve also checked the dashboard configuration, and both radio buttons of Display all environments and specifying which environments and including them all still doesnt show my missing one

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch! What version of Octopus server are you using? We fixed the dashboards in 3.4+ to use any Lifecycle found in the project and not just the default Lifecycle.

Hope that helps!
Vanessa

You are all too good. Here I was thinking I finally found a bug in your stellar software but you’ve already fixed it. We’ll make the jump to 3.4 today, thanks for another fast reply and for such an amazing product!

Hi David,

Do let us know if you find anything else! I’ve passed on your words to our team :slight_smile:

Vanessa