Enterprise vs Standard

I am tasked with making a decision on licensing for Octopus deploy for my team. We are currently on Enterprise and have the option to continue on this license for 2 years, or change product to Standard.

I would like to understand the differences between our Enterprise option and the Standard product with X targets.

If we switch to the Standard product, is their any expected migration effort between the products?

Thank you for reaching out.

Here is a high level overview between the licenses we offer. The primary difference between enterprise/standard/DC is in currently workers, spaces, and high availability. As time goes on expect that list to grow. Enterprise will continue to work as is, but newer features will most likely be limited to standard and data center.

Enterprise:

Standard:

• Limited Machines (based on license)
  • Unlimited Users
  • Unlimited Projects
  • Unlimited Workers
  • 3 Unique Instances (or servers the total number of machines must be less than license across all instances)
  • 3 Spaces
  • No high availability

Data Center:

• Limited Machines (based on license)
  • Unlimited Users
  • Unlimited Projects
  • Unlimited Workers
  • Unlimited Instances (the total number of machines must be less than license across all instances)
  • Unlimited Spaces
  • High Availability

If you have further questions, please email sales@octopus.com and we can discuss options and provide quotes.

I hope that helps!

Realized I didn’t answer your other question about migration and/or changing licenses.

Changing licenses is a matter of a pasting in a new license into the UI (Configuration -> License). You shouldn’t have to reinstall the application or anything like that. Assuming you upgraded to Standard or DC, Octopus will see the new license and enable the features for you. We wanted to make it as easy as possible to upgrade :slight_smile: