Enable Preload on built-in IIS Deploy step

Could you add an option for “Enable Preload” to the built-in Deploy to IIS step please. This only applies when deploying a Web Application. I will upload a screenshot of where it appears in IIS and where I think it should be in the step.

Octopus preload

Hi darren.woodford,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query.

This is a great suggestion but unfortunately I don’t believe it’s something we’re planning on adding at the moment. You might want to submit it as a feature request on our UserVoice page as that’s one of the key places we look when deciding which features to implement.

In the meantime you may be able to achieve this by using a PowerShell script with the WebAdministration module. The following example could be a good starting point:

Set-ItemProperty "IIS:\Sites\$siteName" -Name applicationDefaults.preloadEnabled -Value True

I found a fairly old but still relevant discussion about different ways to approach this on StackOverflow while I was looking into this which you might also find interesting:

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.