Enable more than one deployment

Team,

Can you suggest if i can enable parallel deployment of same project on same environment and on same tenant.

Actually these projects don’t deploy anything they are used for analysis purpose and they create reports.

But if one report generating project is running then if we trigger it again then it goes into waiting mode till the previous one is completed.

Hi @mohitmishra.mishra1989,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can certainly enable the feature to run multiple processes at the same time on a single tentacle, this documentation below will help you achieve that:

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions, please do reach out.

Kind regards,
Ziaul

Hi,

This document won’t help. please read my requirement carefully.

Apologies about misreading your requirement, I am currently in the process of discussing this with another engineer.

I’ll circle back around with you shortly about the best possible course of action.

Kind regards,
Ziaul

Hi @Ziaul.Islam,

could you please check it ASAP as it’s an urgent requirement.

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

This can be done by using the variable Octopus.Task.ConcurrencyTag as a project variable, it would need to be different for the two deployments.

So for example:

I would need to set the Project variable:

Create the release and run the deployment:

Once the first release is created, you will need to go back to project variables, change the value:

Now you will need to create a second release and run the deployment:

As you can see I am running both deployments at the same time.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Ziaul

Hi @Ziaul.Islam,

I check this one but we are facing one issue with this solution is that if we create a release and deploy it on two different tenants then one tenant deployment goes into queue mode.

For Example:

1. Created a release called “1.0.0”
  2. Trigger deployment on one environment with two tenant (Env-1 Tenant-1 and Env-1 Tenant-2) and then one will do into queue mode.
  3. then we changes the value to 2 then again create a release called 1.0.1
  4. Trigger deployment on one environment with two tenant (Env-1 Tenant-1 and Env-1 Tenant-2) and then one will do into queue mode.

so at last out of four only two were running
Running : Env-1 Tenant-1 & Env-1 Tenant-1
queued : Env-1 Tenant-2 & Env-1 Tenant-2

Thanks for your follow-up message.

I don’t believe it’s possible to do what you have outlined in the new set of requirements, I am currently conducting further tests to see if it is possible.

I will also discuss this further with an engineer and get back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Ziaul

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Apologies, I was mistaken it is possible to run all four at once.

The reason it did not work for you as each Octopus.Task.ConcurrencyTag has to be unique for the variable value; it cannot be the same as the previous deployment value for it to work.

e.g.

Env-1 Tenant-1 deployment Octopus.Task.ConcurrencyTag = 1
Env-1 Tenant-1 deployment Octopus.Task.ConcurrencyTag = 2
Env-1 Tenant-2 deployment Octopus.Task.ConcurrencyTag = 3
Env-1 Tenant-2 deployment Octopus.Task.ConcurrencyTag = 4

I hope this helps, if there’s anything else I can do for you please, let me know.

Kind regards,
Ziaul

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.