Email is configured, but getting message "Your SMTP server settings have not been configured..."

Hi,
I have configured my SMTP settings but when I test the email I get this error that it has not been configured. This is what it says in the logs:

Loading the SMTP server configuration

Verbose 08:55:43
SMTP host: mysmtp.domain.COM

SMTP port: 0

SSL enabled: False

SMTP login: domain\ServiceAccount

Creating the test email message

The email subject is: Octopus Deploy email test

The email is to: myemail@mydomain.com

Info 08:55:43
Sending test email…

Failed receiving Octopus.Platform.Deployment.Messages.TestEmail.StartEmailTestCommand
Your SMTP server settings have not been configured. An Octopus Administrator will need to configure them in the Configuration->SMTP tab.
System.InvalidOperationException: Your SMTP server settings have not been configured. An Octopus Administrator will need to configure them in the Configuration->SMTP tab.
at Octopus.Platform.Deployment.Server.Email.SmtpClientWrapper.CreateSmtpClient(SmtpConfiguration configuration) in y:\work\refs\heads\release\source\Octopus.Platform.Deployment.Server\Email\SmtpClientWrapper.cs:line 28
at Octopus.Platform.Deployment.Server.Email.SmtpClientWrapper.Send(SmtpConfiguration configuration, MailMessage message) in y:\work\refs\heads\release\source\Octopus.Platform.Deployment.Server\Email\SmtpClientWrapper.cs:line 21
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.TestEmail.TestEmailOrchestrator.Receive(StartEmailTestCommand command) in y:\work\refs\heads\release\source\Octopus.Server\Orchestration\TestEmail\TestEmailOrchestrator.cs:line 47
at Pipefish.Actor.OnReceivingTyped[TBody](Message message) in y:\work\3cbe05672d69a231\source\Pipefish\Actor.cs:line 113
Octopus.Server version 2.6.0.778

It is clearly loading the configuration so I am not sure exactly what the issue is.
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch! According to the message the port that was set for the SMTP connection was port 0, which is a reserved port that should not be used for SMTP, and the reason why you are getting that error message.

Did select that port or you selected another one and somehow Octopus set it up incorrectly?

Thanks

Dalmiro

Yeh! Just tested on port 25 and all was well. Thanks again for the help!

Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 11:55 AM
To: 'Dalmiro Grañas’
Subject: RE: Email is configured, but getting message “Your SMTP server settings have not been configured…” [Problems #32229]

Hi Dalmiro,
I did not configure the port at all, I thought if I did not touch it, it was using the default. I’ll go find out what port I should be using. Thanks for the help!

Mark

Hi Dalmiro,
I did not configure the port at all, I thought if I did not touch it, it was using the default. I’ll go find out what port I should be using. Thanks for the help!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Glad I could help. The standard port for SMTP is 25, perhaps you should try that one first.

Maybe we should be putting 25 as the default value on that field.

Thanks!

Dalmiro