Download Library Package - Windows Specific

In the Octopus Dashboard I navigated to Library/Packages, selected a package, and clicked Download on my Mac (Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021)). I then renamed the .nupkg to .zip and attempted to open but receive the error “Unable to expand . it is an unsupported format”.

I’m able to do the same .nupkg rename to .zip on Windows and it works.

For normal NuGet packages from sources like nuget.org I’m able to rename to zip and browse contents on the Mac.

The same package is able to be extracted okay on a Linux build agent but I expect to be able to download the package, rename to zip, and explore the contents for any package downloaded from the Portal regardless of the OS and browser.

Hey Geoff,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’d like to try and repro this but I want to make sure we’re using the same steps. By what method are you packing up the files for the feed?

Thanks,
Jeremy

I’m using a TeamCity build step runner “OctopusDeploy: Pack” - the Octopus TeamCity plugin version 5.5.0. I also just tried it with an upgrade 6.0.1 plugin (same result).

TeamCity Enterprise 2019.2.2 (build 71923).

TeamCity build agent is Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-22-generic x86_64).

There’s a chance it’s more a problem with the Octopus website which is currently behind - we’re on 2019.13.7 and should be upgrading to 2020.3.x tonight. I can try again after.

Hey Geoff,

Thanks for the information.

Please let me know how the upgrade goes and I will also let you know how my test goes.

Best,
Jeremy

Hey Geoff,

I’m definitely seeing this behavior on Mac with the latest version of Octopus components.

This looks to be a mac specific issue in that it doesn’t like the metadata we add to the zips and nupkg files. Assuming you’re using the built in archive tool for Mac, would you be able to attempt to unzip it with an alternative zip application and see if it works?

Thanks,
Jeremy

@jeremy.miller It worked with a non-default Mac OS unarchive utility (“The Unarchiver” in this case).

1 Like

Hey Geoff,

Thanks so much for letting us know the solution. I’m glad you got it working.

I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.