Download Certificate from Octopus GUI doesn't work

Hello,

Download certificates from Library > Certificates does not work, I’m able to click the three dots, download, and select among the different format options to download the cert.

But when I click download nothing is downloaded.

It gets logged in Audit as If it was in fact downloaded, but it is not.

I tried i 4 different browsers. Octopus V: 2020.1.18

What should I do to be able to download the certiticates ?

Thank you very much

Hi @jscvictormanuel,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I believe you may be running into this issue.

A quick way of confirming this would be to try one of the other download links within the Octopus UI, such as the Download as JSON option within a Process or the Download button within a deployment Task Log.

If they also fail to run then it will be necessary to upgrade in order to resolve the issue.

As a workaround, you may be able to download the certificates using the API call directly within your browser.
To do this, bring up the certificate you want to download and open the Download options. Before you hit OK open the browser dev tools(F12) and head to the network page. Then hit OK and it should capture the API call being made. You can then copy/paste that URL into your browser to download the certificate.

e.g.

The URL will be something like:

<octopusURL>/api/Spaces-304/certificates/Certificates-242/export?includePrivateKey=false&pemOptions=PrimaryOnly

Regards,
Paul

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your quick response.

It seems the Browser Dev tools approach make the trick. Very clever : )

Thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.