Double scroll on dashboard

Hi,
I’m using cloud version of octopus v2019.5.9

And on dashboard when having large number of projects I get this weird behaviour of double scroll.

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for getting in touch! That certainly doesn’t look as nice as it should. Can I ask how many projects you have in this list, and which browser you’re seeing this display issue in? This will help me attempt to replicate this behavior.

I look forward to hearing back! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,
sure, It’s 66 projects. I see it in both firefox and chrome. In firefox it also displays “Load more” in weird place.

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for following up and clarifying that. I’ve tried a couple scenarios, just with a long list of projects in a single group, and another group with a long list of projects whose names are long enough to require a few lines of text in each row. Both Chrome and Firefox load without the double scrollbars in both scenarios, making this a bit mysterious.

What makes it additionally strange is I saw the double scroll very briefly (less than a second) before the page fully loaded. By chance, does the behavior change after clearing your browser cache and/or trying in incognito?

If that doesn’t help, which versions of FireFox and Chrome are you currently running? If possible and applicable, does upgrading these fix this?

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,
I’ve somehow missed your question (didn’t get notification). I’m using chrome in version 75 (latest). I’ve recorded this issue: http://www.rapidshare.com.cn/lg5Z0dQ - I hope it helps investigating.

Hi Kamil,

That’s not a problem at all! Unfortunately I’m getting a security warning when I visit that URL containing your recording. As an alternative, would you be willing to attach the recording here or emailing it to us at support@octopus.com? If prefered, you could also upload it privately and securely to the following link.

https://file.ac/21euCO1oZvCjmDRYjTY9Vw/

Additionally, were you by chance able to upgrade in the meantime to see if the behavior is changed?

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,
I’m unable to upload it to this thread, it says that file cannot be larget than 4MB (mine is 1,5MB), I’ve uploaded it to the link you’ve provided, I hope it’s there :slight_smile:

-Kamil

@Kenneth_Bates I can reproduce this in Firefox. It happens when I have the dashboard filtered to a project group with 71 projects, then click Load More. The result is that the additional scrollbar appears. I disappears when I click Load More again (all 71 projects are loaded then). It’s 100% repeatable.

I have another way to reproduce this reliably in Firefox: I’m on a non-filtered dashboard showing about 300 projects (I have my dashboard limits raised to 500). One of the project groups has 71 projects, so it’s not shown in full - there is a Load More button and a Load All link. After clicking the link, there appears the additional vertical scrollbar in that group. When I do the same in another group (with 40 projects), the scrollbar doesn’t appear.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.