DNS-Change and Polling Mode

Hello,

we changed the DNS-Name and IP-Address for our Octopus Server.
Frontend with https works fine, but the polling port (10943) only accepts the old domain.

Additionally, we want to implement a private access to octopus-server with a second DNS-Name.
Frontend works also fine, but how can I change this for the polling port?

Kind Regards,
Gregor Perdacher

Hi Gregor,

I’m sorry that your facing this issue.

I just need a bit of clarity on the problem so I know exactly what we are dealing with. Are you saying that within Octopus Manager - you have altered the Octopus Web Portal section and you can now connect via the new portal using the new IP address and DNS address?

However your polling tentacles are not able to connect using the new DNS name after altering their connection details? Have you updated your polling tentacles?

Have you also cleared out any cache from your DNS?

Regards,

Hi Dane,

attached the bindings and the Browser-Result with Port 10943.

Regards,
Gregor

Hi Gregor,

It looks like 10943 is responding correctly from your new address.

As you may have noticed, the results of the call to https://octopus.ilogs.com:10943 has a “Not Secure” flag at the very top of the page.
Http0

This is likely because this address has been added to an exception list in your browser. You see the exact same page, from your new url, if you click on “Advanced”, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Proceed to servername

This means 10943 is responding correctly.

Your tentacle will still require a 2-way handshake between the Octopus Server and the Tentacle in order for proper trust and communication, so although the connection to 10943 is not secure, your ongoing tentacle communication will be over tls.

You can read more about that, here: Octopus - Tentacle communication - Octopus Deploy

If you are having troubles getting your tentacle to communicate, we have a list of almost every possible scenario, over here: Troubleshooting Tentacles - Octopus Deploy

Otherwise, you can reach out again, if you are still not able to get everything working.

Regards,

Dane

Hi Dane,

thank you, some browsers hides the “Proceed”-Button.

So this works.

Another question:
Additionally we want to use a HAProxy for Port 443 and Polling Port 10943.

Is this possible? If yes – do you have a configuration example?

Regards,
Gregor

Hi Gregor,

I’ve looked through our documentation and some old tickets, to see if there was any useful information regarding HAProxy working with Octopus Deploy.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find specific examples, except to say, there are customers who have mentioned that are using HAProxy setups, successfully in their environment with Octopus Deploy.

We automatically test against Squid Proxy and have some good implementation advice regarding general proxy implementation, here:
Proxy support - Octopus Deploy

If you go down the route of configuring with HAProxy and come up against some specific questions, please let me know and I can either help or reach out internally for some local expertise on the problem.

Regards,

Dane

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.