Disable health check for free disk space

We have a hardware setup where one of our server has a disk which is only 3GB in size, and empty space is at 2GB.

Octopus warn us at every health check about that. and fill the windows event log with this warning.

Can we disable octopus disk usage for this specific disk ? Or entirely for this server ?

A better behavior should be to warn if space is lower that 2GB AND free space is less that 10% ?

Thanks for letting us know about this. There’s no current workaround, but I’ve added an issue to our tracker and we’ll follow up there when we’ve had a chance to consider it: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/537

Regards,
Nick

Adding my “vote” to this, and asking for 1) ability to turn it off and 2) ability to keep it on but set the threshold. I did not vote for the “scriptable” health check on user voice, because that’s overly complex for the need.

I’m also adding my vote to either turn off for specific disks or make it so we can only check required disks on/before deployment.

• My Vote!

Hi Folks,

We just recently added the following to control it at deployment level: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2291
This went out with 3.2.19.

I’ve reopened the UserVoice scripted health check as it was something that wasn’t going forward, had been planned back then and then been cut, but not had it’s status changed back.
But as usual voting in here (our support forum) does nothing. We never check it or bookmark or search. UV is where the opinions, votes and comments need to go.
If you think the scripted one is overly complex, start a new one and add votes. 40 votes won’t get that other one done any time soon, but we think it probably did go stale due to it’s status.

Vanessa

Is it possible to use this new variable to change the disk space threshold for “healthy with warnings” machines? We’ve upgraded from 2.6 to 3.4 and now literally half of our machines are “healthy with warnings” because various drives have only 4-5 GB of space.

It looks like this variable can only be used to disable a check done during deployment - or am I mis-understanding that?

Hi Deepak,

which changes do you consider as needed?

Best,
AK.

Hi Roman,

Yes, the OctopusSkipFreeDiskSpaceCheck and OctopusFreeDiskSpaceOverrideInMegaBytes variables are only applicable at deployment time.

In 3.4 we introduced machine policies that allow you to modify the script that is run when we perform the health checks, or you can modify the default script to lower the free disk space threshold.

I hope that helps!

Thank you and warm regards,
Henrik

This did the trick, thanks!

Sorry I wasn’t able to find this on my own, maybe you would consider a link
somewhere obvious to guide the user to machine policies. Suggested: when I
run a health check task manually, that would be a prime candidate for some
links to machine policies.