Disable deployment scripts for specific step

Since an octopus update we have a small issue regarding deployments scripts (deploy.ps1, post-deploy.ps1 etc)

We have these 2 steps:

1. Deploy ARM template (from template file in package)
  2. Deploy Website from package (which automatically picks up deploy scripts from package)

Normally, deploy scripts were only executed at the second step, which was exactly what we needed. Turns out that a fixed issue is now causing the 1st step to also execute these deploy scripts, something we don’t want.

Is there a way to disable deployment scripts for a specific step? Something like the system variable #Octopus.Action.Package.RunScripts, but then not for the entire process?

Kind regards,
Jorn

We solved it for now by just moving the ARM templates to a separate package without any deploy scripts.

Hi Jorn,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m glad to hear you resolved this. I checked with the team, it looks like this is how we intend this to work. Our current idea is that these should be packaged independently of each other.

Let me know if you have any further thoughts or questions here. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.