Disable delta compression in Octo.exe

Hey,

Delta compression is super slow on pushing packages to Octopus. We had to revert to an Octo.exe version from before adding the feature. Would it be possible to disable compression by a cmd line switch?

Thanks,
queil

Hi Queil,

Thanks for getting in touch and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

I’ve had a chat with the team and we think it would be a good thing to add this feature to octo.exe, I’ve raised this GitHub issue to implement this new argument that you can follow for progress.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Hi @queil

Just a quick note to let you know that we’ve released a new version of octo.exe (version 6.8.0) that supports a new flag on the push command called --use-delta-compression, which you can use to skip delta compression:

octo.exe push --package mypackage.1.0.zip --server https://octopus.example.com --apikey API-12345678 --use-delta-compression=false

You can get it from our downloads page, behind the fastlane release button (currently 2019.5.10).

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Matt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.