Disable/delete built-in step templates

Hi
Is there any way to disable / delete / make built-in step templates not available? For example the “Run a script” template might bypass security mechanisms that we support in our organisation.

//Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for getting in touch! While there’s no way to specify which individual steps are available or not, you can revoke the ProcessEdit permission that will disallow users from creating/editing all steps in deployment processes.

Permissions are given to user roles, which are then added to teams. Check out our documentation page on assigning permissions for more info if this sounds like the solution you’re after.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Kenny

Hi,
I’m suffer from the same problem.
Because we want to standardize on some templates, teams today can bypass these by simply creating a ‘Run custom Script’.
But important that teams can create their own projects, processes, releases, deploys and so on.

If possible we like to see this ability to limit what step templates are available in your backlog.

Hi Anders,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately there’s no way to restrict some step templates while allowing others. The ProcessEdit permission covers the general deployment process as a whole. Feel free to suggest this idea up on our UserVoice site - this is where we go to when considering new features and enhancements based on community support. :slight_smile:
https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/

Sorry it’s not better news! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Kenny