I am trying to figure out how to accomplish this deployment pattern, I have read through the Docs, and cannot figure out how to make this work.
Say I have the following scenario:
- 4 Targets, 5 Tenants, 2 Tenant Tag Sets (Fast and Slow Upgrade).
- Each Target is a member of a tenant unique to itself.
- All 4 Targets are a member of the remaining, ‘General Purpose’ Tenant.
- So 5 Tenants, 1 for each Target, then each Tenant in 1 big Tenant.
- All Targets are part of the same ‘Production’ Environment.
- 2 Targets are Tagged with the Fast Upgrade Tag, 2 Targets are Tagged with Slow Upgrade Tag.
My goal is to deploy something to the Fast Ring Targets only, then after some other time has past, deploy to the Slow Ring. Having each target in their own Tenant would allow me to bypass this ad-hoc if I needed to push something quicker to someone without impacting the whole group.
Referring to this screenshot and section of the docs, I was led to believe that I could Deploy something to the Fast Ring only, but the UI will not allow me to do that. It makes me pick a Tenant, and the Tag Set, and the deployment ends up going to all of the members of the Tenant seemingly ignoring the Tag Set.
I am using the latest Version: 2018.8.5 of Octopus. Is what I am doing not Supported, or is there another way to accomplish this without have a Fast and Slow ring Environment?