DeploymentDelete role not properly scoped

I’m running into the same issue as: Unable to Delete Deployment (the post was locked so I couldn’t post there)

I’m currently running Octopus v2019.12.3 LTS

I have created a new user role with the permissions DeploymentDelete and DeploymentView. I’ve tried assigning this role at the environment level, at the project level, at the project group level, and at all 3. No matter how I scope the user role, the team does not have permission to delete deployments. The actions menu does not appear on the UI, and trying to use the API returns a 403 error stating the user needs DeploymentDelete permission.

The only way that the team appears to be able to delete deployments is if I assign the role unscoped. However, I would like to be able to assign this role to only certain environments and project groups.

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for getting in touch! That’s certainly unexpected behavior, and I’ve been able to reproduce this issue. I’ve raised a bug report at the following link which you can track.

I’m sorry about the confusion and inconvenience this has caused! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns going forward.

Best regards,

Kenny