Deployment to Azure App Service using Web deploy package(WDP) along with SetParameter.xml file

Hi Support,

I wanted to accomplish same outcome as mentioned in the previous post: Web Package-based parameters. Since, the discussion was in 2014, I am wondering if Octopus has come up with some out of the box solution with recent versions. My Octopus version is 2018.6.14.

Thanks
Shafiq

Hi Shafiq,

Thanks for getting in touch!

There haven’t been any major changes around this, the best solution to this is still to use a combination of transformation files and variable substitution

Create a transform file for each environment, e.g. app.dev.config and populate the transform elements with Octopus variables, e.g.
<network xdt:Locator="XPath(/configuration/system.net/mailSettings/smtp/network)" xdt:Transform="SetAttributes(host)" host="#{SmtpServer}" />

Octopus will apply the transformations and then substitute all variables in the freshly-transformed file, as you require.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. That config transform does not serve my purpose. That means I have to switch to Azure DevOps.

Cheers
Shaf

1 Like