Deployment targets are not getting created

Hi,

We are running into strange situation, as while creating deployment target on UAT environment getting below error,

Error: The requested operation cannot be completed. The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090345)
Error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Error: at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
Error: at Octopus.Shared.Internals.CertificateGeneration.Win32ErrorHelper.ThrowExceptionIfGetLastErrorIsNotZero()
Error: at Octopus.Shared.Internals.CertificateGeneration.CryptContext.Open()
Error: at Octopus.Shared.Security.CertificateGenerator.Generate(String fullName, Boolean exportable, ILog log)
Error: at Octopus.Tentacle.Configuration.TentacleConfiguration.GenerateNewCertificate()
Error: at Octopus.Tentacle.Commands.NewCertificateCommand.Start()
Error: at Octopus.Shared.Startup.AbstractCommand.Start(String[] commandLineArguments, ICommandRuntime commandRuntime, OptionSet commonOptions)
Error: at Octopus.Shared.Startup.ConsoleHost.Run(Action`1 start, Action shutdown)
Error: at Octopus.Shared.Startup.OctopusProgram.Run()
Error: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error: Terminating process with exit code 100

All other servers(DEV,QA,Stage) are perfectly fine and successfully have deployment target created.

Can anybody let me understand how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Punit Khaire.

Hi Punit,

Thanks for getting in touch! Based on this error message, it looks like the installation is failing at generating a certificate for itself, so I suspect that the account used for the install on this server doesn’t have adequate permissions to create certificates. Are you running it under admin or elevated to admin?

I hope this helps get you going! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.