Deployment preview shows no targets or steps in non-tenanted deployment

Hi there,

We are using Octopus 2018.5.0 and have a multi-tenanted set up with three environments (Dev, QA, Prod) and several tenants per environment. Our main web project is connected to the tenants and behaves as expected: the deployment page shows, under “Preview and Customize”, the number of steps to be run on each tenant and the deployment targets (“All included” by default, but you can choose a subset).

However we have some untenanted projects, and when these are deployed to an environment, the “Preview and Customize” section always shows the number of steps as “0 steps” and the no deployment targets (actually it shows “All included”, but if you try to choose a subset to include/exclude, says “No results found”). If you just hit deploy, it does actually then run all the steps across all the machines. At the moment though I do actually want to deploy to a subset of the target machines, but it seems that this is not possible.

All target machines are set to be included in both tenanted and untentanted deployments.

I suppose I can create a tag on one of the machines, do the deployment and then remove the tag. But this doesn’t seem ideal.

Is this the expected behaviour in this case?

-Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, I understand this behavior can be frustrating.

Based on the information provided in your query, it sounds like you are performing the correct steps.

The version 2018.5.0, however, was pulled from our website due to a bug that caused deployment targets to not appear when filtering the deployment to specific machines, this lines up with the issue you’ve outlined.

I’ve included a link to the associated Github issue below for further information;

I’d recommend updating to 2018.5.1 at your earliest convenience to see if this issue is persistent. As always, we’d recommend ensuring a database backup is taken prior to upgrading.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance or clarification :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Reece

Ah thanks for that, Reece.

Glad to hear it’s not just me, and that it’s been fixed already. We’ll look to upgrade to the next version then.

Thanks,
-Matt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.