Deployment Package deploying assembly with different version

I have been using Octo deploy for several months without issue until today. A solution that I have deployed multiple times has started deploying a package with an assembly that has an older version than the rest of the package items. The weird part is that the NuGet package I download from the library has the assembly with the correct version. I even manually extracted the package to a temp folder and got the correct version of the assembly.
When I deleted the contents of the deployment folder and redeployed, however, the older version of the assembly showed up again. Please advise.

Hi Bart,

Thanks for getting in touch! The most common cause of this issue is when the Tentacle has cached the package. The fix should be as simple as removing the cached files that you are trying to deploy.
I have read a little into your ticket and have guessed that you might have changed some parts of your NuGet package but kept the version the same. You should be able to confirm this by finding the file in the cache and viewing its contents.
The files can be found on the tentacle server in a default installation under C:\Octopus\Files
If you delete the offending package and redeploy it should resolve the issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,
Daniel

From: Daniel Fischer [mailto:tender2+d48eadd63b@tenderapp.com]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 12:16 AM
To: Anderson, Bart
Subject: Re: Deployment Package deploying assembly with different version [Problems #46160]

Daniel,
Thank you for your assistance. The issues was a deployment step for a package that had been removed from the application. Removing the step corrected the issue.
Thanks,
Bart Anderson

Hi Anderson,

I’m glad to hear it’s working for you now! Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you run into any issues or have further questions.

Regards,
Daniel