Deployment of .dacpac file on Azure PaaS SQL

Hello,

We are trying to setup SQL (dacpac) file deployment on Azure PaaS SQL using Octopus deploy. As part the of the setup we have completed the following steps -

1. Created database project in Visual Studio using Database project template (with Target Platform used is MS Azure SQL Database V12)

2. Build, Publish (.dacpac) and Push package to Octopus using Azure DevOps

3. Deploy Package (.dacpac) file in Web Server using step template “Deploy a Package”

1. Deploy DACPAC file, using community step “SQL - Deploy DACPAC”

Here is where our deployment is failing with the below error log -

We are unable to locate the error in our process, and kind of struck. Please let us know if we are missing anything here.

Thanks in Advance,
Debolin

Hi @Debolin_Dhar!

Sorry to hear that you’re having issues with deploying your dacpac. To be 100% honest, I’m not sure if the community template works with Azure SQL, which usually uses sqlpackage.exe to publish them.

If you would like to drop me an email with a full task log from the deployment, and an export of your deployment process as a JSON file (from your project’s process window, click on the overflow menu next to the “Add Step” button, and click “Export as JSON”) through to support@octopus.com, I’ll take a look and see if we can get this worked out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.