Deployment of ASP.NET and Angular application in cloud

Hello ,

We are using SVN and Jenkins for continous integration.
I have to deploy the angular J5 application and ASP.net in the cloud.
Can you share me the details

Hi,
Thanks for getting in touch. We have some documentation to help get you started with both Jenkins and Azure Web Apps.

In summary, you’ll need to configure Jenkins to run whatever tooling you are using to pack your AngularJS application and then run MSBuild on your solution file to build the output (I’m assuming you’re packing the AngularJS as content in your Web App here, and using OctoPack) and push it to Octopus.

In Octopus you’ll need some Environments defined to model the lifecycle of your applications deployment process, an Azure Web App target to represent each site you’re deploying to and a project with an Azure Web App step.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Shannon

Hi again Sumanashree,

My apologies, I wasn’t aware of your other correspondence with Ryan when I replied previously. For deploying to AWS the build process in Jenkins would be the same as I described previously.

In Octopus though the setup would be slightly different. What web servers are you deploying to? I.e. are they EC2 instances running IIS? If so, you’ll want to install a Tentacle on each one to act as the deployment agent. You would register these with Octopus, into the appropriate environment and then use an IIS deployment step in the project’s deployment process.

Again, apologies for the misunderstanding and hope the above helps. If I can assist with anything further please let me know.

Regards
Shannon

Hello Shannon_Lewis

I would request for ONLINE CHAT and Webex for share the screen and check for the solution.

The below high level resolution , is really not helping us in proceed in autodeployment and we need to perform multiple tests as part of deployment.

Please share the Webex details or Live chat link which I can have detailed discussion with you.

Regards

Sumanashree BK

Project Manager – Testing

Office - +91 80 41548000 ext 8121

Mobile - +91 973 1866 227

Skype – Sumanashree.BK

Email – Sumanashree.bharadwaj@mindteck.com

Mindteck Logo

Hello ,

I was trying to set up tentacle for Octopus deploy to AWS.

Here I need to get the Certificate thumbprint.

I followed the approach specified but was not able to get it.

Here I have created – AWS test environment .

In this environment set the secret and access key according to environment.

Now I need to set up tentacle and map the variable set and tenant set to this tentacle.

I need you detailed assistance on this regard.

Please let me know

Regards

Sumanashree BK

Skype – Sumanashree.BK

Mindteck Logo

Hi Sumanashree,

I’ll coordinate with Ryan regarding an online chat.

Regarding the tentacle setup, the thumbprint it wants there is the one from the Octopus server, which is used for the secured communication between server and tentacles. For details on how to get the thumbprint from Octopus please see this documentation.

Regards
Shannon

Hello Shannon_Lewis,

Thanks for response.

It you can share Webex and meeting invite this will help us rather than Live chat.

We can be early morning IST time [10 AM] to match to your AST time [ 2:30 PM].

Please let me know

Regards

Sumanashree BK

Skype – Sumanashree.BK

Mindteck Logo

Hi Sumanashree,

I can set up a screen sharing session. Please use this link to request an appointment time and we’ll send a meeting request through.

Best regards,

Ryan Rousseau

support@octopus.comOctopus Logo

{#HS:613474981-28732#}

Hello Ryan,Bob,

I have schedule the online meeting on 7/5 @ 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM.

Please confirm the request and share the invite.

Regards

Sumanashree BK

Skype – Sumanashree.BK

Mindteck Logo

Hi Sumanashree,

I have sent the invite to you.

Best regards,

Ryan Rousseau