Deployment Issues

Hello Friendly Neighborhood Octopus Support/Community,

When using the RUN AN AWS CLI SCRIPT step Template. We are noticing weird behaviors with a default Compress mechanism. This is preventing us from properly packaging the built solution and running deployments to the BeanStalk instance.

Little background, we are trying to deploy a solution to AWS BeanStalk following this guide https://octopus.com/blog/deploy-to-aws-beanstalk.

When we switch to a new referenced package Octopus Deploy starts adding every package on the server and fails to deploy due to zip conflicts. This is not what we expect to happen, we are wanting just the referenced package to be apart of the package sent to Octopus, not having Octopus find every package within the C drive. This happens, when we clone the existing project that works and only update the referenced package.

Issue images of updated package reference, package reference configuration, package ID in Octopus Library:

No issues images when using default RandomQuotes, updated package reference, package reference configuration, package ID in Octopus Library:

Hi Zach,

Thanks for getting in touch! We will need to get some more details from you to get a better idea of what could be going wrong.

I think the best first step would be a full raw deployment log with variable logging enabled. Our documentation has details on how you can enabling this variable logging and export the task log.

Next, I’m thinking a copy of your deployment process JSON might be helpful for us to get some more context around how your project is configured. The following documentation page has instructions on exporting the raw deployment process out of Octopus to be attached here.

I have made this conversation private so only yourself and Octopus staff are able to view it and any attachments.

If you have any further questions or thoughts here, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

@Daniel_Fischer, I found the issue. I needed to update the command in the script. That seemed to get the rest of the job working and targeting the right files. Let me know there is any additional information I can provide that would be more helpful to the community.

# Compress the extracted DotNET application code
  Compress-Archive `
      -Path "$($OctopusParameters["Octopus.Action.Package[RandomQuotes].ExtractedPath"])\*" `
      -DestinationPath "site.zip"
# Compress the extracted DotNET application code
  Compress-Archive `
      -Path "$($OctopusParameters["Octopus.Action.Package[lod.admin3.aws].ExtractedPath"])\*" `
      -DestinationPath "site.zip"

Hi Zach,

Thanks for getting back here! I appreciate the update. Hopefully this information can help anyone else who encounters this issue in the future.

If you have any further thoughts or questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

@Daniel_Fischer can we make this post public or is there a way I can share this directly with another user?

Hi Zach,

I have made this conversation public again.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.