Deployment from another space

Hi Team,

Is it possible to deploy Octopus project from Space A to Space B.

Thanks
Santosh Shet

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for reaching out.

I think the best method for this would be to use an API key that has privileges in the space you want to deploy to and deploy a release that way.

You could use or adapt this API script here: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/OctopusDeploy-Api/blob/master/REST/PowerShell/Deployments/DeployRelease.ps1

Or you could use the Deploy Child Octopus Deploy Project community step template.

Can you please give both of those a look and let me know if that will work for your use case? If you end up using the PowerShell script please read and test it thoroughly as its not guaranteed to work in all setups.

Best,
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy,

I have requirement to deploy project_A from Space_A to Space_B.
Deployment have to triggered using Octopus UI , space selection will be done at the time of release creation .
under Octopus_Space variable I will make user to show both Space_A and Space_B.

Please suggest with the best way to achieve this solution.

Thanks
Santosh Shet

Hi Santosh,

Just to confirm, when you say deploy Project A from Space A to Space B, you mean that you would like a project that resides in Space A to run through its deployment process and target machines/workers in Space B?

Are you wanting the Project to exist in both Spaces?

If I could get as much detail as possible I can make sure I get you the best solution for your use case.

Please let me know.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.