Deployment Failure : Roll Back

If an ongoing deployment fails can we enable a setting which rolls back to a working version automatically , rather than having to do it manually?

Hi @amushtaq

Thanks for getting in touch!

That’s an interesting question and not one I’ve come across before. I don’t believe there is anything built in that would handle this for you.

It looks like this would be possible by adding a step to run a script that would handle the rollback for you.

I found this Ask Octopus episode where a couple of members of our Solutions team discuss a similar idea. The step with the rollback script is briefly mentioned just after the 8:40 mark but I’d suggest watching the entire video to see if it give you any other ideas.

Please let me know how you get on!

Regards,

Thank you for the quick response.

I was wondering do you have a snippet of the script which would handle the roll back?

It will be really helpful.

Thanks

Hi @amushtaq

Thanks for your patience while I looked further into this. I’ve found an example script that should give you a good starting point here.

I also found a video that goes into that step in much more detail - apologies for not linking that one the first time! You can find that here.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.