Deployment fails after upgrading to v2019.5.10

Hi,

After upgrading to v2019.5.10 some deployments of IIS websites started failing. As I don’t understand the error, I thought why not ask here. This is the error:

IIS configuration complete
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
System.ArgumentNullException
at System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute…ctor(XName name, Object value)
at Calamari.Deployment.Journal.DeployedPackage.ToXmlElement()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.AddContentSkipNotify(Object content)
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.AddContentSkipNotify(Object content)
at Calamari.Deployment.Journal.JournalEntry.ToXmlElement()
at Calamari.Deployment.Journal.DeploymentJournal.AddJournalEntry(JournalEntry entry)
at Calamari.Commands.DeployPackageCommand.Execute(String[] commandLineArguments)
at Calamari.Program.Execute(String[] args)
The remote script failed with exit code 100

The interesting part is, that the error happens after deployment has completed. See the first line of the above log abstract: “IIS configuration complete”. This is the actual message the log for this task would previously end with!

This is the raw log file:

09:44:46 Info | IIS configuration complete
09:44:46 Verbose | Deleting ‘D:\Websites\Dev\Nkc.Mobile.Web\2.12.9.3_1\Octopus.Features.IISWebSite_BeforePostDeploy.ps1’
09:44:46 Verbose | Executing feature-class ‘Calamari.Deployment.Features.IisWebSiteAfterPostDeployFeature’
09:44:46 Error | Value cannot be null.
09:44:46 Error | Parameter name: value
09:44:46 Error | System.ArgumentNullException
09:44:46 Error | at System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute…ctor(XName name, Object value)
09:44:46 Error | at Calamari.Deployment.Journal.DeployedPackage.ToXmlElement()
09:44:46 Error | at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
09:44:46 Error | at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.AddContentSkipNotify(Object content)
09:44:46 Error | at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.AddContentSkipNotify(Object content)
09:44:46 Error | at Calamari.Deployment.Journal.JournalEntry.ToXmlElement()
09:44:46 Error | at Calamari.Deployment.Journal.DeploymentJournal.AddJournalEntry(JournalEntry entry)
09:44:46 Error | at Calamari.Commands.DeployPackageCommand.Execute(String[] commandLineArguments)
09:44:46 Error | at Calamari.Program.Execute(String[] args)
09:44:46 Verbose | Process C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\PowerShell.exe in D:\OctopusTentacle\Work\20190614074428-62349-43 exited with code 100
09:44:46 Verbose | Updating manifest with output variables
09:44:46 Verbose | Updating manifest with action evaluated variables
09:44:46 Fatal | The remote script failed with exit code 100

Any ideas?

Beste regards,
Raymond

Hi @rbrink!

I know that we resolved this matter via email, but I’ll just post the solution up here for anyone else who may hit this error in the future.

This was caused by an outdated / custom version of Calamari, and an update to the latest version resolved this matter.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.