Deployment fails after manual intervention is resolved with guidance "ignore"

We have a project (A) with a Deploy a Release step which deploys another project (B).
When deploying project A, the child deployment of B failed, required a manual intervention, guidance “ignore” was selected - the result in project A is a mess:

• log says Deployment of release 111 of project 'B' completed successfully
  • but the step is marked as failed/red
  • the whole deployment of A is failed

Screenshot:

Octopus cloud instance: connect.octopus.app, version 2020.5.0-rc0003.

Hi @jakub.januszkiewicz

Thank you for reaching out about your failed deployment. Sorry to hear that you’ve run into an issue.

We think this may be a bug within the guided failures. I’m going to investigate this further and will get back to you with more information.

Regards,
Stuart

Hi @jakub.januszkiewicz

Thank you for your patience with me on this. I’ve been unable to replicate the issue on my own instance so it’ll be helpful if I could access your cloud instance to get a better idea of the situation. I just need you to confirm that you’ll allow me to log in.

Regards,
Stuart

Hi @jakub.januszkiewicz

I don’t need to access your cloud instance now as I’ve managed to replicate the issue. It does look like a bug, so thank you for finding that! I’ve created an issue on GitHub and will pass this on to our engineers.

The GitHub issue is here ( https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/6658 ) where you’ll be able to track the progress.

As the deployment does complete successfully, you can manually edit the state of the failed deployment to avoid any confusion for now.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Stuart

Thanks for the updates. I’m glad you managed to replicate this problem. Also thanks for the workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.