Can someone provide some advice on how to properly accomplish the correct reporting of deployment changes in a hotfix scenario? Allow me to step you through what we’re trying to achieve:
- Package/release 1.0.0+1234 created and deployed to development, test, production
- Package/release 2.0.0+1250 created
- Package/release 2.0.0+1260 created and deployed to development
- Hotfix needed to 1.0.0, so package/release 1.0.1+1280 created and deployed to development, test, prod
- Package/release 2.0.0+1290 created and deployed to development
- Deployment changes look correct for step 3.
- Deployment changes (commits) are not present in step 4. I would have expected to see deployment changes in development to include those in 1.0.1+1280, but not any of the changes in the 2.0.0* releases
- Deployment changes in step 5 are showing changes introduced in steps 2, 3, and 5. I was expecting to see changes between 2.0.0+1260 and 2.0.0+1290
Hopefully, that scenario is clear. Is there something I need to do in the project config to make it work the way I’m expecting? Or is this just not the way that Octopus determines changes between releases/deployments?