Deploying VB applications?

Hi, we are using Octopus Deploy for some of our applications and it’s great! But now I’m asked to deploy… old legacy VB6 projects. Since I can’t seem to add Octopack to VB6 projects I don’t know what to do. I tried an MSBuild Extension that builds VB6, but the command “/p:RunOctoPack=true” does not do anything. Do you have any suggestions or if it’s impossible?
Thanks!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch! I think in this situation octo.exe pack might be the best way to get this project packed. Octo.exe pack will take the folder that you define and package everything into a NuGet package. It doesn’t use NuSpecs or builds or any such thing. It’s the bare bones, and sounds like it will be perfect for a legacy project.

Hope that helps!
Vanessa

Wow, exactly what I needed. Works like a charm.

Thanks!

HI we have a requirement to deploy vb6 and com+ applications. Currently we use custom build scripts to deploy code.
We are trying to integrate our hybrid stack with a mix of vb6 and .NET code with octopus deploy.

The search led us to this link but the docs link shared by Vanessa appears to be broken. Can you point me to the right direction.

Hi,

Here is an updated link: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Using+Octo.exe

Hope that helps :slight_smile:
Vanessa