Deploying Pre-deploy script to Linux injecting an error

If I define a predeploy script for bash in the deploy package step (as custom deploy script in the web UI), I get strange output in the deployment process, which appears to come from curl:
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 0

and this is marked as an Error in Octopus. It doesn’t stop the deployment, but is nonetheless annoying and misleading.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try and add the following lines to your predeploy script and see if that at least removes it as an error in the logs

echo "##octopus[stdout-verbose]"
call to curl here...
echo "##octopus[stdout-default]"

If that doesn’t work, you could try adding stderr-ignore and stderr-default in place of stdout-verbose/default.

Hope that helps!

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Sorry, I probably wasn’t clear. The call to curl is not actually in our script. It seems to be coming from Octopus itself.

Hi Ryan,

That is very odd indeed as we have no calls to curl in any of our scripts on bash, would it be possible that there is some script in your package that is being called that is doing the call to curl? Or, could it be something in the profile of the user that is being used to initiate the connection to your SSH target?

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Ah, I see that it is in the script we call. Sorry about that! I will look into suppressing the errors there. Thanks!