Deploying Excel workbook solutions

Hello,

I am new to Octopus deployment.

Is it possible to deploy VSTO excel solution using Octopus. We have a project Excel workbook (client) and WCF service project(Services).

Thanks,
Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for reaching out. The basics of Octopus move around Pack your code -> Move it to your server -> Run commands to install it. If that process sounds like your deployment process, then i’d say you could use Octopus :slight_smile:

Could you describe me your current deployment process a bit so i can give you a proper answer?

Thanks!

Dalmiro

Thanks Dalmiro.

For the VSTO client… we have implemented the clickonce deployment… we will publish the client and those files will be deployed manually in the site. So that every time the customization will run and download the latest code from the site.

For Services project also, the content will be published in release mode and deployed manually in IIS.

Thanks,
Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Sorry for the delay on my answer. So from my understanding, you already have automated the VSTO client deployment using clickonce, and you want to use octopus to deploy the services project, correct?

Could you share me (in few words) your current manual IIS deployment process so i know on which direction I should point you to?

Thanks!

Dalmiro